minus5 is looking for a backend developers to develop, improve and maintain applications in the system of one of the largest online businesses in Croatia (SuperSport sports betting).
Our betting platform is based on modern cloud-enabled technology (Go, NSQ, AWS, MongoDB, Docker) and micro-service architecture, has truly unparalleled performance and zero planned downtime.
This is a rare opportunity here in Zagreb to work on a real-time distributed system of this size, for the most part already written in Go (and we’re converting legacy code to Go from other languages like T-SQL, C# or Ruby).
What will you do:
- Develop backend applications in a microservice environment and in a modern technology stack - Go, NSQ, AWS, MongoDB, Docker
- In accordance with the continuous delivery practice, release the code into production (sometimes several times a day)
- Ensure E2E testing and take care of the performance of the delivered solutions according to minus5 standards
- Working in iterative cycles to come up with the best solutions for end users
- Participate in the product full-life cycle - from idea development and planning to implementation and monitoring in production
What are your needed qualifications:
- Graduate degree in the technical sciences
- 2+ years of work experience in creating backend applications (advantage is knowledge in cloud technologies Go, NSQ, AWS, Docker, basic Internet and web protocols eg. HTTP, JSON, REST… It is not necessary to have high expertise in all, but knowledge and interest in learning are preferable)
- Experience in databases - SQL Server and MongoDB are a plus
- Managing with the UNIX/Linux environment
- Experience in code versioning tools (Git)
You will perfectly fit into our team if you:
- Stick to your tasks and you’re not satisfied until you achieve the best results (in other words, you care about your work and you are responsible)
- Have the quality of accepting and finding challenges in all the circumstances and tasks you are given
- Don’t need someone to give you guidelines, but you enjoy giving them to yourself
- Are curious, like to research, work on yourself and learn, you look at your tasks out of the box and you are motivated to influence the entire product development process
- Don’t know how to keep your ideas and solutions to yourself and you are not afraid to take risks from time to time
- Know sports, you love humor and you have nothing against jokes on your own, but also on someone else’s account… ;)
Learn more about us.
If you like what is waiting for you with us, apply at firstname.lastname@example.org in the written form of your choice (CV, LinkedIn, GitHub, StackOverflow) and become a part of our team.
We are looking forward to hearing from you! :)